Children are heirloom of the parents. Almost everything is done by parents always consider the child. Therefore, it is no exaggeration to say that in taking decisions related to the child, there is no consideration or over the term over preparation.
Similarly, in deciding
childcare, especially if both parents work. Cannot be denied, the
phenomenon of working-moms are a reality that more and more going on and need
to be handled. When both parents work, the usual alternative of childcare is
entrusted to the grandparents, or on a caregiver at home, or entrusted in
daycare that started a trend in big cities today.
The parenting decisions really need to be considered carefully, for the sake of the child. Related to that, this article will explore the last alternative, i.e.
entrust the child in daycare because it is still very less discussed among
parents. Alternative entrust the child in daycare certainly has its own
advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages include:
1. Daycare usually provides more comprehensive education programs as well as providing educational toys for children. The study from the University of North Carolina showed that the children are entrusted to the quality daycare have cognitive and language abilities are better than children who do not get the kind of education provided by the daycare.
2. In daycare, child gets wider opportunities to socialize with other children of his age rather than at home, so it is more exposed to a variety of experiences and ideas. A study conducted by the University of Miami found that children, who are left at good daycare, not only have good social skills, but also has a strong self-confidence and ability to lead.
Generally caregivers at daycare were given special training in early childhood
education, so as to parenting better than the babysitter.
4. When the nanny sick, there will be other caregivers in daycare to replace, so do not bother the parents. By contrast, when the babysitter or maid in the home fell ill, the parents will be
hassle to find a replacement caregiver for the
While the drawbacks, among others:
1. Registration fee and monthly daycare high enough, besides in daycare there will be a late fee
charges when parents pick up children is slower than a predetermined
time. In many families the cost of daycare is generally the highest cost item.
Especially when used daycare located in downtown because daycare in downtown
are generally more expensive than daycare located in suburban areas. The need
for daycare facilities are usually most in the city center where many office
buildings. In addition, the cost of daycare for children under two years of age
are more expensive because of the number of children of the age group that can
be taken care of by a caregiver is limited. Usually its position as the highest
cost item down only after the child enters school age, replaced by post school
2. Leave the children in daycare requires more effort to the parents because the need to take children every morning and pick them up again in the afternoon.
3. Children are
entrusted in daycare more susceptible to disease because it is
more exposed to many other children. If there are other children who are sick,
it is more easily infected.
4. If the child's illness is serious enough, parents still need a back-up plan because of children are usually not allowed to be in daycare until he recovered. More info on baby care basics.